10 DHA Prometric Exam MCQ
1.Which of the following errors in denture fabrication has more chance for angular cheilitis?
- Increased VD
- Decreased VD
- Over extended PPS
- Under extended PPS
2. A patient complained of pain and sore throat after using a new set of complete dentures. He also reports difficulty in swallowing. On examination, there are no sore spots on the ridge area. What could be the reason?
- Over extension in the distolingual area of the denture
- High points
- Under extension in the distolingual area of the denture
- Increased VD
3. A 60 years old patient visited your clinic complaining of multiple missing teeth. Upon examination teeth 17, 33, 34, and 43 are only present. All other teeth are missing. Teeth 33, 34, and 43 show grade I mobility, and tooth 17 is grossly decayed. What would be your choice of treatment?
- Extract all teeth and give the upper and lower CD
- Extract 17 and 34 and give complete denture for upper arch and overdenture for the lower arch
- Extract 17 and give complete denture for upper and overdenture for the lower arch
4. When do neonatal teeth appear?
- Before birth
- 1- 30 days after birth
- 6 months after birth
- 1- 3 months after birth
5. Which among the following is the most common cause of pulp necrosis?
- Root caries
6. What would be the precaution to be taken while considering extraction for a hypertensive patient?
- Proceed with extraction as a normal case
- Give antibiotic prophylaxis one hour before the procedure
- Use LA without epinephrine
- Use LA with epinephrine
7. How to locate impacted canines?
- Panoramic X ray
- Occlusal radiograph
8. What does SLOB rule mean in dentistry?
- It compares the object movement with the x-ray tube head movement.
- Same Lingual Opposite Buccal
- Used to identify the position of ectopic teeth
- All of the above
9. What type of force is used in headgear?
10. Where are Epstein pearls found?
- Labial mucosa
- Mid palatal raphe at the junction of the hard and soft palates
- Posterio palatal area
- Hard palate